* The eating spree doesn't reflect any significant weight gain in Ruby so far. She's 14lbs 6oz today. No more than she weighed last week. She's gained exactly 1lbs in the past month.
* My tattoo "guy" (he hates being called an artist) is friends with me on a certain "social networking" site. He saw pictures of Ruby and told me yesterday that they thinks she is adorable and should be in commercials... How's that coming from a tattoo guy?
* Tattoo guy colored some of the flowers on my arm "bubble gum pink". I"m not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm not a real "bubble gum pink" kind of girl. We'll see how it looks once the color settles down. May need him to re-color. Here's what it looks like now (it's a tree that starts at my wrist and winds around my arm with various flowers and things along the way):
* As predicted I didn't lose much weight this week - about half a pound. But at least I didn't gain. And I have less distractions this week so I will be able to get out and exercise more and eat more veggies. Fingers crossed for a better weigh-in next week (I'm currently 10lbs from my pre-IVF weight)
* My midwife had told me that it was ok to give Ruby a pacifier as long as it was gone by the time she was 5 months old. That is next week and... uh... we're not ready to give up the pacifier yet. (5 months already next week???)
* The issue with the funeral has been resolved - my mom said she would take Friday off to look after Ruby so I can go. She said she needed a day off anyways and time with Ruby is always a treat. She's a good grandma.