Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One

There is one, singular, solitary baby in my belly, and *he has a heartbeat.

This is exactly the outcome I was hoping for.

I hope that this helps me move forward in accepting this pregnancy - although keeping it out of my mind is kinda working for me for the time being. There's so far to go until the end, there's no point wasting a lot of brain power thinking too much about it right now. When I think too much about my future, I get all flustered and nervous and sooner or later I'm entrenched in a full blown anxiety attack. So for now I just try to keep my mind within the relatively immediate future - like, Ruby's 1st birthday is next month, and what ever will I get her and what will we do to celebrate, and also I return to work next month, and Ruby is going to start daycare next month, and how will I adjust to being a working mom?

Stuff like that causes enough anxiety on it's own without thinking of adding another human into the mix. So for now, I try to keep the slate as clear as possible.



*Obviously it's too early to tell the gender but I have had this feeling since day 1 that I am packing around a boy.

11 comments:

chicklet said...

yahoo for one!!!

Hang in there on the rest of it. It's a lot to take in but you've got a fair amount of time to mentally work through it.

Hopeful Mother said...

That is great news!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Hooray! Congratulations on the wonderful heartbeat!

Femme au Foyer said...

Congrats on the pregnancy and the solo heartbeat! I also knew from day 1 that my baby was a boy. I begged the dr for a gender determination sonogram at 16 weeks and, since it was a boy, we could tell easily.

Just Jen said...

Woo hoo for you! One heartbeat!

I will hang on to my boy stuff-- you will be more than welcome to use it!

Emily said...

Yah! Congrats! I think it will be a boy too! So happy for you.

rocket.queen. said...

I knew with Q too. This time I feel it is a girl. Only a girl would give me THIS much trouble so early on. ROFL.

Congrats on the heartbeat and another step toward wrapping your brain around the whole thing.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Yay!! I hope it is a boy 'cause I think one of each would be fantastic. Plus, being the mommy of a little boy makes me a little biased.

The_EmilyB said...

Phew! I'm so happy for you! And fingers crossed its a boy - are you going to find out again? xoxo

Spacey said...

YAY for one! Big congrats once again.

Aurelia said...

Excellent, I am very very happy for you!