Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tattoo

I have a tattoo appointment this afternoon. I know that it's ok to get tattooed while pregnant - no ink goes into your bloodstream and it does not affect the baby in any way. But the last time I was pregnant my tattoo guy didn't want to tattoo me. Fair enough. So now I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant and I was just going to go in and get tattooed and not say anything. But I hate, hate, hate lying or being sneaky or deceitful about things. It makes me feel yucky inside. And my tattoo guy knows me on a bit of a personal level now. I've been going to him for over 5 years and we've become friends on some level. So I felt that I should tell him my "situation" and let him decide.

So I sent him an email this morning explaining. And I haven't heard back from him. THAT is the worst. Putting myself "out there", letting out some personal information and not getting a response. Just hanging in limbo, checking my email every 5 minutes. My appointment is in less than 2 hours. What if he doesn't respond before then? Do I go anyways and not say anything? Do I go and say something? WTF?

I hate shit like this.

I am ok either way with whatever he says. I don't really FEEL like going and getting tattooed today, and I don't exactly have money flowing freely - but on the other hand I desperately want to get my sleeve closer to finished. I just want it done, especially with what the next year or so is going to look like. I won't exactly have a lot of time to get tattooed.

Bleh, just babbling about what's on my mind at the moment, hoping to let it out and let it go and in turn not let things bother me so much.

~Updated~

He just emailed me back with probably the obvious - Wow, congrats! But no tattooing when preggo, ever :( :(

Then we chatted back and forth for a while and he was really cool about it - because he's a cool guy. I won't deny that I'm disapointed though. I almost wish I had just not said anything.

I'm going to sit here and have myself a selfish little cry and and then move on.

2 comments:

Candi said...

aww :( sucks!

Aurelia said...

I'm sorry--I think it's a liability issue he'd worry about, but it might also be hormones? Don't know if they affect the way the tattoo works?

Just because that's why they won't do lots of things like LASIK or even mild tiny cosmetic procedures during pg or for months after pregnancy. In those cases--it doesn't work well. Something about the estrogen on the skin?

Anyway, you'll be able to do the rest of your sleeve soon enough, and you show us all! Can't wait!