Monday, April 20, 2009

Demon baby

It took me a little while to figure this one out.

To be honest, when she first started doing it, it scared the shit out of me. I thought maybe she was having some sort of seizure, or that she was in a great amount of pain, or that maybe I shouldn't let her watch Paranormal State with me anymore because I wondered if she had somehow become possessed.

But with time, I realized what the issue is. She does this when she's tired. Overtired. When she desperately needs a nap but is fighting it with all her might.

Sometimes popping the soother in her mouth will make it stop. Sometimes she requires that soother to be dipped in gripe water.

She did this in the bank the other day and the whole place went silent and people turned to stare. Understandably I guess, it sounds terrible.


11 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I was (still am actually) holding Elizabeth when I played that and she turned around to see where the other baby was.

Sully said...

Heh - Gavin does the same thing, and reacted the same way when he heard Ruby. Nice.

Anonymous said...

ROFL...I would have been on the phone to a priest or something. She's too funny! I love how she immediately shuts up when you shove the pacifier in her mouth.

She's still adorable...even when she's throwing a fit. Hehe!

Julia said...

I do the exact same thing. But normally a beer would help me. Now it's chocolate milk.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Too cute! It is almost like she realized her voice does more than just cry and she is really using it. She is so adorable. Just wait a few more months when you take something away from her and she fake cries. My son is a champ at that one now!

Just Jen said...

Hudson stopped and stared at the computer to check out all the noise his little gf was making....LOVE how she bats her little eyelashes at he end too!

Alicia said...

Ellie used to do that!

Totally off subject but she's REALLY focused when she looks at you. That is fantastic.

The_EmilyB said...

She's such a cutie! Is she teething? I've heard that noise before and usually when little teethies were coming in!

Candi said...

LOL...Ruby has a boy twin. His name is Carter.

Spacey said...

LOL....it's too cute. I love how the soother changed everything. :)

Femme au Foyer said...

O.M.G. - Ruby could be Little Husband's twin! He sounds exactly like that and it started at about four months of age. Now he's thrown in this wonderful back arching maneuver which is guaranteed to launch him out of my arms or off the changing table one of these days!